Procurement Act 2023 Seminar
This event will provide an opportunity to hear and discuss some of the key changes which will be introduced by the Procurement Act. Aimed at developers, directors, Project managers, contractors and consultants, we will look to examine what are the key changes under the Procurement Act and what do they mean for you. We will also hear from a client, consultant and a contactor about what their plans are in relation to the new legislation.
On the day we will discuss the changes including
· Does price no longer matter? How are wider social or environmental benefits factored into the act and what does that mean for construction procurement.
· What does a ‘fully transparent procurement system’ look like. Exploring the governments vision for transparency, how will this be implemented and how will this information be used by suppliers
· Will the new provisions around the management of public sector help construction contracts run smoothly
· What does debarment mean for you? We will examine the new rules relating to exclusion and the new debarment list, considering how the practice of suppliers and public sector buyers will need to change.
The seminar will also host a panel debate and provide an opportunity for Q&A followed by networking.
Cost – There is no charge for this event but please email early to book your place as space is limited. Please note there is limited places on this seminar- only 2 bookings per company
This event is sponsored by CECA Midlands, CITB, Constructing Excellence Midlands and RIBA
9.am Arrival and Registration
9.30 am Welcome and Introductions- Lorraine Gregory
9.45am –Keynote presentation – Dr Jennifer Charlson, Infrastructure and Projects Authority – The government perspective
10.05 Legal Perspective Trowers and Hamlin- Procurement Act Update
10.55 Panel Session – Chaired by Andrew Carpenter
- Contractor: Steve Bickley, Galliford Try
- Client: Stephen Barker, Birmingham Airport
- Architect: Alan McCartney, Howells
- Consultant: Jai Lane Arup
11.55 Q & A
12.30 – Close – networking – Tea/Coffee provided
HAWCE – Commercial Property: EPCs, Low Carbon and Energy Performance
Date: 27th February 2024
The View (Level 3)
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Construction Risk Seminar: Building a Safer Future
Date: 28th February 2024
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm