We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal information is handled. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal information about our members and other third parties, and we recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller is Constructing Excellence Midlands of Constructing Excellence Midlands, Rook Lane Chapel, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1DN
Data protection principles
When processing your information, we must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal information must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up-to-date
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
Information you give to us
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, including:
- Identity Data, such as your name, company name, job title, university/college, which club
they are members of or which forum name
- Contact Data, such as your billing address, address, email address and telephone number
- Financial Data, such as bank account, payment card details and invoices
- Transaction Data, including details about payments from you
- Technical Data, including IP addresses, your log-in data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or similar identifiers
- Profile Data, such as your username, password, membership applications made by you
- Usage Data, including information about how you use our website and services, and
- Marketing Data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
‘Special category’ data
Information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, criminal convictions, sex life or sexual orientation, or certain types of genetic or biometric data is known as ‘special category’ data.
During the course of dealing with you, we may collect the following ‘special category’ data about you:
- medical / health information
How we collect your personal information
We may obtain personal information by directly interacting with you, such as:
- applying to become a member of Constructing Excellence South West
- corresponding with us by phone, email, letters or otherwise
- subscribing to our services or publications
- participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website
- when providing us with your business cards
- attending an event
- applying to join our ‘adopt a school’ campaign
We may obtain personal information via automated technology when you interact with our website by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties or publicly-available sources, such as:
- analytics providers (such as Google)
- advertising networks
- search information providers
- other Constructing Excellence clubs
- company colleagues
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- you have given us consent,
- we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into, with you,
- where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, and your interests and rights do not override those interests, or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only use ‘special category’ information, such as your photograph:
- provided we have your explicit consent to use it
- where we believe that we need to use that data to protect your vital interests where you are not able to provide us with your explicit consent
- where it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
- where you have previously made that data public knowledge, or
- if we need to use that data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We may use your personal information for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, we are required to confirm the ‘legal basis’ that allows us to use your information, as follows:
|Purposes for which we will use the information you give to us||Legal basis|
|To register you as a new member||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|To provide you with information about events that are similar to those that you have already received from us||Where you have previously received marketing communications from us, then it will be necessary for our legitimate business interests, namely to ensure you continue to receive communications that you have previously agreed to receive
In all other cases, we will only do this if you give us your consent
|To administer and improve our website and to keep our site safe and secure.||We are allowed to use this information to ensure you receive the best experience possible when accessing and using our website.|
|To receive feedback from you after an event||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure we provide you with an adequate service and to make improvements|
|To provide you with your membership benefits||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|Sharing photographs of events for our website/social media platforms for promotion and information regarding events||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests and forms part of the membership benefits|
|To form part of our members directory||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests and forms part of the membership benefits|
|To send renewal letters to members||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests namely to give you the opportunity to renew your membership|
|Promote your company on our website if you become a member||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|Process an application for ‘adopt a school campaign’||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How we use the information we collect about you from other sources
What if you cannot or will not provide us with your personal information
It is a contractual requirement for you to provide us with certain information, namely your name, postal address, email address, company name, type of business, position in company and chosen club or forum. If you do not provide us with that information, we will be unable to process your membership.