Steve Green | Chair
28th April - Online, Microsoft Teams - 11.30am -2.00pm
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend
This Theme Group has been assembled to help drive Quality improvements across the Region.
Over the past few years the national issues around the Edinburgh Schools Enquiry, unacceptable defects on new build homes and the Grenfell Tower tragedy, have all brought the issue of Construction Quality into the public spotlight.
At the same, time the industry is seeing a significant growth in the adoption of offsite manufacturing and the digitalisation of the construction process generally.
Do these new technologies hold the solution to our quality issues?
CE Midlands has charged its Quality theme group with learning the lessons of the past and harnessing the new technologies of the future, to define in practical terms the best practice approach to improve as built quality, whether that is delivered through traditional build, modern methods of construction or off-site manufacture.
· To capture best practice in delivering Construction Quality and to avoid reinventing any new wheels!
· To take a holistic view of Quality through design, manufacture, installation, testing & commissioning to the handover of the built asset.
· To actively encourage collaboration across all parties involved in a project, to develop a mutual understanding of how we can collectively help to deliver a quality end product
Our Specific Objectives
· To understand and develop the “The Get It Right Initiative” and promote this approach across the industry
· To encourage the standardisation of documents, forms and processes across the industry, so that all parties irrespective of their employer, knows the “tool” to be used and its purpose
· To start to build a library of “Tips of the trade” videos for those carrying out the works and “what good looks like” videos for those inspecting the works.
· To create guidance on the adoption of digital quality inspection tools and how to carry out inspections of offsite manufactured products.
For more information about the Quality & Compliance Forum contact Steve Green at email@example.com