Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI), Aston University
Low carbon business opportunities
During these challenging times, companies are seeking new ways to survive, evolve and expand. Growth opportunities from net zero could be one such good route to explore.
As customer demand for low carbon goods and services is rising, it is becoming increasingly important for suppliers to demonstrate their carbon footprint. More and more businesses are reviewing their supply chain emissions. All of these factors will drive growth in the low carbon market sectors including bioenergy, energy-from-waste, energy systems and bioproducts.
The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) at Aston University provides practical solutions and guidance to help West Midlands businesses on the path to net zero, including:
Buildings & Sites – site survey & consultation
Are you seeking help to maximise the sustainability and energy efficiency of your property and land developments?
Are you interested in:
- Adding new energy technology to a site?
- Carbon sequestration offset?
- Land remediation?
- Enhancing the visual appearance of buildings and landscapes?
- Improving energy efficiency?
- Reducing air pollution?
- Reusing buildings and industrial sites?
- Reshaping commercial places?
- Retrofitting of sites?
If you are looking for guidance in any of these areas, EBRI’s world-leading team of bioenergy, bioproduct and business experts can provide you with a bespoke report following a visit and assessment of your site.
Value from waste
EBRI provides practical support to businesses to develop low carbon, sustainable products and services from a whole range of different waste materials. Redundant material such as food waste, cardboard boxes, plastic waste, sawdust, waste oils, manure, hay straw, sugar beet residue, spent grain waste from breweries are only a few examples of waste that could potentially open up fresh possibilities for your business.
We can help you:
- Produce new high value materials from waste which can be commercialised.
- Create new value-from-waste products by turning them into energy.
- Generate new value from better management of energy use and generation, using advanced control systems to optimise heating, cooling and electricity.
- Develop new opportunities in emerging and disruptive marketplaces.
- Connect to other companies in the energy and bioproducts supply chains.
EBRI has helped businesses from a wide range of industry sectors including construction, agricultural, engineering, waste management, financial services, marketing and food manufacturing.
- To see some example case studies visit bioenergy-for-business.org/case-studies/.
- To hear from some local companies we have supported have a look at https://bioenergy-for-business.org/reviews/
No cost – 30 minute consultation
Book a low carbon challenge surgery session at no cost to your business. We can hold a consultation with you by phone or through the internet, whichever is most convenient. After our discussions with you, we will then provide you a bespoke summary of our recommendations, research findings and other useful information to help your company.